Monday, November 12, 2007

One Year Together

Mark and I celebrated our self proclaimed anniversary on November 9th. Our actual anniversary is a bit hard to determine... since he was living in Utah, our relationship began online and over the phone, and after a few months of this we were officially "together", even though we still hadn't met in person... which still isn't true because I knew him from middle school and we saw each other in high school, but we hadn't really been friends or talked for 7 years... so it was a bit confusing. November 9th, 2006 was the day that I finally flew up there after months of late-night (and all-night) phone conversations and endless emails.

Mark flew into Long Beach airport Friday afternoon, all dressed up and looking mighty fine. I picked him up wearing my best little black dress and the tallest heels I could find. We drove into Orange county and had dinner at a gorgeous restaurant perched on the side of a hill overlooking the city of Orange. The view was absolutely amazing and our server was really nice.

We waited until we were at our table to exchange gifts. Mark had a funny grin on his face up until this point, and I was unsure as to why.... until I opened his gift. I carefully removed the wrapping paper, in the middle of the fancy restaurant, candles flickering... and this is what I saw:And for the rest of the evening, I did my best to conceal the naked people from our server and everyone that walked by.
My gift to Mark was a monogrammed flask. Now he's one of the cool kids.

We spent the weekend together and it was wonderful. And even though it was just a short visit, it was so nice to be with my love and make an event of our milestone together. And it's also nice that the goodbye at the airport wasn't sad -- he'll be back for thanksgiving.

I just love my hunny.

1 comment:

Mark said...

man we're awesome! thanks for the cool flask too lovecita.