Thursday, August 14, 2008

EZ Lube Sucks

New carpet today! So exciting. The house is going to look more normal and I get to take a break from sweeping concrete on a daily basis. And better yet, the ferrets will get to play and explore around in my room... something I avoided letting them do because of abundance of dust on the cement floors.

The carpet padding is placed only after exceeding a high rating on the "Diego Comfort Scale".


So the EZ Lube drama continues. I am now taking them to small claims court since they have repeatedly ignored me. They really just don't care. Also, when figuring out who exactly I was suing, I found some inconsistencies with the name of the business and how they were listed on the Bureau of Automotive repairs and their business license. Just some shady stuff. My original court date was Sept 4th, however this needed to be changed because the parties have not been able to be served; so the summons now have to be mailed, which requires a month notice. So we're looking at anytime after the 14th of next month. Let's keep in mind that my Davis move-in date is Sept 10th. School starts the 25th. This is really a thorn in my side. The last thing I want to do (but will have to do, apparently) is move up there and fly back here for a stupid court date. This is all going to be very interesting.

So I was at my attorney's office and he mentioned that a friend of his had called -- the exact same thing happened to him! Same place, same song and dance -- EVERYTHING. Except he's a locksmith, and they ruined his van. When he mentioned his name, it sounded familiar. So I looked him up and called him. I introduced myself, then added, "I think you may have known my father..." and before I finished my sentence, he exclaimed, "You bet I DID! I watched you grow up and..." What a small world it can be sometimes. We're having dinner tonight to catch up and reminisce. My father was quite the character, the amount of people that knew him never fails to amaze me. Couple that with his love of talking about the daughter he ws raising on his own... there are a ton of people that have watched me grow up. It's a nice feeling.

So now that there's two of us, there's more proof that this isn't just some crazy random mistake. Who knows how many other people have had mechanical failures or had their cars downright ruined due to a simple, yet costly mistake.

Don't go to EZ-Lube.

No comments: