Thursday, August 23, 2007

You don't appreciate all things I do for you

I am a morning person when I wake up energized.

But... That's usually not the case.
My alarm goes off at the appropriate hour, giving me the perfect amount of time to calmly start my day and do everything I have to do before heading off to work.
Of course, after hitting the snooze 5 or 6 times and bargaining with myself - "if I take 5 more minutes of sleep, I'll take a really quick shower!" I end up not having enough time.
Today wasn't as bad. I managed to pack my lunch and get out the door right on time.... without my lunch. 2 minutes down the road I realized I had forgotten my afternoon salvation of a lunch and hurried back to retrieve it...

But the dogs had eaten it. THEY ATE IT. I WAS GONE FOR 2 MINUTES AND THEY ATE IT. I solemnly gazed outside to the backyard where the plastic bag that once contained my delicious lunch had been mercilessly ripped to pieces.

I returned to my car as I rambled on about my ungrateful dogs and how they are going to be banned to the backyard forever and how i am never going to talk to them again and how would they like it if they were late for work because I ate their lunch and how they are ruining my attempts at remaining sane in this world...

and then I smiled as I realized that I'd have to go buy some cheap, delicious tacos for lunch.

2 comments:

Holly said...

LMAO! Poor baby.

Fish tacos are a dollar at Fisherman's Market today, fyi. :)

Mark said...

DIEGO! How could you? ...And you lay there and try to look innocent. Oh no, I know what you do.

And Mrs. Socks...shame on you.