Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Win.

Okay, I'm all good again.
The last couple of days really threw me for a loop. Life has this way of making sure that I don't take my sanity for granted by making me completely insane, irrational, and emotional once in a while. Mother Nature does this same thing on a monthly basis. And when these things coincide... watch out, forget it, don't ask and keep clear.
It's frightening... but can also be used to my advantage.
So in normal Rosario fashion, I wondered: "How can I make the best of this situation?"

I decided to face my enemy, my archnemesis; the one who sucks the life out of my soul and the money out of my purse.

I went to Bank of America.

Bank of America is the worst bank ever. EVER.
Of course with all of these large financial institutions, the customer is just one in a million and there is no such thing as "We value your business." I know that. But BofA takes this to another level. They actively HATE ME. They don't budge. I remember calling once, crying my eyes out because I overdrafted like $1.50 and then this snowball effect started taking place and I was in overdraft hell. At $35 dollars for each fee, it got ugly. I had no money. It was awful. After submitting a refund request, the computer said no. That was it. The computer was the decision maker. I told them I was going to close my account. They said I'd have to bring it out of negative first. Idiotas.

I stood in line and took myself back to that place. I silently channeled the energy and feelings I felt on that fateful day, the day BofA showed no mercy. By the time it was my turn, I had become a force to be reckoned with.

That poor teller.

I was relentless as I ranted and complained. English did not limit me, no; I let loose a few "inútiles!"(useless people!) and "sinvergüenzas!"(people without shame!) here and there. I even stomped.

And suddenly, the computer did not have the last say. I watched the Vice President of that branch as she peered down her nose through her dainty reading glasses. As her fingers danced across the keyboard, her perfectly manicured red nails composed a most pleasant click clickity click sound that calmed me. It took her no effort whatsoever to override the computer's decision. She smiled at me, almost acknowledging the fact that I had made it this far; I had made it further than countless others who dared challenge this heartless oppressor. I bid her farewell and proudly headed for the door. Moments before walking out, I looked back and thought to myself, "Screw all of you, I am coming back tomorrow to close my account."

I think I'll go to another branch for that.

8 comments:

Rowena said...

Ive never had any major issues with my bank, but I bank at a credit union and would never bank with BofA, they charge for every damn thing.

But go you and your bad self! =)

Holly said...

See, I love BofA. But we all have different experiences. Like, I HATE Verizon wireless. Soul-sucking bastards from hell.

NO, I'm NOT EVER paying you the $1500 you swear I owe you. Just won't happen. SO THERE!

ehem.

Go you! :)

Michelle said...

I'm going to agree with you on that one... Verizon Wireless is awful! Which reminds me... my cell phone is no longer in service at the moment. They're not going to get paid for a little bit. I hope they can afford it.

Isabel said...

I've heard tales BofA is evil. really bad. No experience with them though. Damn girl, you go though.

Mark said...

WAMU can save lives...

~ames~ said...

Hey-Canada has it share of evil banks too. LOL

Good stuff for confronting the demon machine. :P

DW (yes it's really me) said...

Never one to conform, I'm with you. Being a rebel is goooooood, don't let the system screw you & right on for being adament, it's the only way you get results, why? Because they really don't care! Get down with your bad self, YEAH!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I'm at WaMu now. They were so nice to me! I'll trade the convenience of having BofA right down the street in order to have a happy banking experience 30 min away at WaMu. yay!