Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Road Trip Preface

I took a road trip with my little sister this weekend. Originally it was going to be a three person trip, but my friend Robert wasn't able to come with us AT THE LAST MINUTE. Of course, that's what he does, so I can't act too surprised. Or be upset. Robert is my best gay guy friend so he's off the hook this time.

Overall, the trip was amazing. We took a ton of pictures so I'll wait until I get them onto my computer before talking about every little part of the trip.

My father and I would take month long road trips across the country every few summers. I didn't really understand the importance of it at the time and I didn't understand that most kids didn't have the same opportunities to see what I got to see. We hit every historical place, drove across Canada, and spent some really memorable times together. It made history class so much more fun because I had been to the places I was learning about. So although I've lived in this town my entire life, I do have an understanding of what it's like in other places... and so I'm not afraid to set up roots somewhere else.

It was important to me to be able to pass that same tradition onto my sister. It may have only been a 3 day weekend, but it still was great and beneficial for her. She met new people, saw new places, and hopefully learned a few things. Not just tangible things, but also little things like speaking up when people ask you questions and that it's okay to show your emotions on the outside and not scowl all the time, and for god's sake STOP ROLLING YOUR EYES AT ME. I had to constantly remind myself that she's 13. A teenager. Yuck.

My first job interview is tomorrow at an animal hospital. It's a 24/7 hospital, so I'm thinking I'm twice as likely to get hired because they are open twice as longer than other hospitals... right??

I'm looking forward to posting the road trip pictures as soon as I get them! :D :D

No comments: