Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2 Days to go...

A great find from the garage:


I don't know what it is about this picture, but it makes me happy, angry, and really sad all at the same time.
I still don't understand how it went from that nice happy family, to


the widower and his daughter, to

just the daughter.

This version of the photo perfectly illustrates how I've been feeling for the past few months. You may look at me and see someone who's got it together... but this this what it's really like. It hits me hard to see the actual photo when I've been so used to the latter version.

I miss them. It's so unbearably painful today. I can feel my heart wringing out the tears like a common sponge, each twist accompanied by a pain whose depth is more than I can even fathom, much less describe. It's awful.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

This is the most difficult time of my life.

1 comment:

Mark said...

If there was one thing i could do right now, i would take all of this away for you. I would fix everything.

You've busted your ass over the last few months. I truly appreciate it, and I have gained even more of an appreciation for you.