Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Total Holiday

The garage still isn't done, but there was definitely major progress made.
Mark drove 10 hours after school on Friday to be here and help me out, which quickly turned into me just standing in the middle of clutter making "keep it or toss it" decisions while he did all the heavy work. Not once did he complain. It was humid and gross and of course, really dusty, but we managed to get at least 70% done. He embarked on the 10 hour drive home yesterday morning, and about 30 minutes later, my dear friend Becky showed up. It's like a tag team of people making sure that I don't lose my mind. She was ready to roll up her sleeves and dig into the garage, but I was ready to just take a break from that. Our day consisted of a sushi brunch, a frozen yogurt date, shopping and troublemaking at Bed Bath and Beyond, Trader Joe's shenanigans, a nap, reheated stuffed crust pizza, eating mochi ice cream without utensils, and then a movie date. We hit a liquor store on the way to the movie and picked up a few cans of pre-mixed cocktails. I can't describe how satisfying it is to sit in an air conditioned movie theater on a hot day, sipping on a long island iced tea....
THE MOVIE WAS SIMPLY AMAZING.Go see it. Report back to me and tell me how much you loved it.

After the movie, we drove down to the new Agua Caliente hotel and visited my top secret favorite conversation spot. It's top secret but I'll tell you anyway, simply because it's nice. Top floor. That's it. There's a nice little sitting area, no one goes up there, and you get to see (occasionally) the types of people that get the expensive rooms at the top. Extra points if you're wearing a skirt and they wink at you.

That was about it; Becky drove back to Newport Beach and I soon fell asleep on my delicious new fitted sheet.

The end.

Today I have a billion things to do, but have put the off by sleeping in, eating breakfast very slowly, and typing this ALL IMPORTANT post. I am now going to take a 3 hour shower.

Then I'll think about what needs to be done today.

No comments: