Saturday, September 20, 2008

Awkward...

Do you ever say things that sound completely different than what you were going for? I do this from time to time... and I was just thinking about it. It tends to happen when I'm meeting new people, especially when it's 1 on 1. Last week, I was chatting with my neighbor in her living room and she was telling me about the great price she got on her new sofa. This thing was so plush and delicious looking -- I could just imagine the amazing naps to be had on that thing. So how did I compliment her sofa?
"It looks really nappy."
Uh, what?
You know! Nap-y. As in nap like. Not dreadlocks nappy. I managed to explain what I meant and things were fine, but it did produce the need to slap my forehead after I left.

I also remember telling someone that I am a pain in the ass sometimes. Realizing that I just somewhat insulted myself and that no one likes negative people, I corrected by saying, "Well I'm a good pain in that ass." WHAT? Now I sound like an anal fiend. If I were a guy, that would have been borderline creepy sounding.

I hope I'm not the only one.

No comments: